Smartec UTI Sensor to Digital Transducer, SOIC
The Smartec Universal Transducer Interface (UTI) is a complete analog front end for low frequency measurement applications, based on a period-modulated oscillator. Sensing elements can be directly connected to the UTI without the need for extra electronics. Only a single reference component, of the same kind as the sensor is required. The UTI outputs a microcontroller compatible period-modulated signal. The transducer can measure very accurately capacitance, platinum resistors, thermistors and resistive bridges. To accelerate sensor design with the SMT UTI an evaluation board SMT TOOLKIT is available.
* Full sensor solution on a chip
* Sensing elements can be directly connected to the UTI without the need for extra electronics.
* Single supply voltage 2.9V to 5.5V, 2.5mA supply
* Continues auto calibration of offset and gain.
* Typical measurement time 10mS or 100mS
* Capacitive sensors modes: 0 to2pF, 0 to 12pF and <300pF
* Platinum resistors Pt100, Pt1000
* Resistive bridges 250 Ohm to 10kOhm with maximum imbalance ±4% or ±0.25%
* 2,3 or 4 wire measurement modes for resistive measurements
* AC excitation voltage for all sensor elements
* Suppression for interference of 50Hz and 60Hz
* Applications: Capacittive level sensing and distance sensing, position and angle sensing, Wheatstone bridge setup for pressure, force, platinum, NTC...
|No. of pins||18|
|Voltage supply: Min||2.9|
|Voltage supply: Max||5.5|