MMS Electronics Ltd (MMS) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on the MMS website, speak to a member of our team or otherwise interact with MMS.
What personal information does MMS collect?
MMS collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
• Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you register for an account with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company.
• Transaction, billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with us.
• Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email feedback, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact or interact with us.
• We may also record certain details of how you use our website. Marketing emails we send may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement.
How does MMS use my personal information?
Depending on how you use our website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To fulfil your order.
• To maintain your online account with us, if applicable.
• To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our team.
• For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary protect ourselves and third parties.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
• Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
• Because it is in the legitimate interests of MMS and your company, where you are submitting orders on behalf of your company.
• Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing information from us).
• Because it is in MMS’ legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services.
With whom does MMS share my personal information?
MMS needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
• Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (e.g. to companies that provide digital marketing services like statistical analysis, business and operational insight, website optimisation), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (e.g. freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). Consequently your personal information may be processed in countries outside of the UK and Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information. On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
• Government authorities: Where your order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with Customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
• Credit and Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
• Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we may sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers and suppliers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
MMS may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MMS, our customers, employees, or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
What does MMS do to protect my personal information?
MMS always aims to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and the website has been specifically designed with security and integrity in mind. We use PayPal and Sage Pay as the payment gateway for any orders placed. You should refer to their Privacy and Cookies pages for information about their policies.
We use a Session Cookie for your Shopping Basket. This does not contain any personal data in the cookie, simply a unique ID so the server can manage what is in your shopping cart.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and integrity of the content delivery. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.